Viagem represents the new era of hospitality. We offer convenient, well designed, and homey apartments in prime urban locations for short-term rent. Our guests range from families to couples to business travelers.
We put travelers and their aspirations first, while providing all of the practical necessities and comforts one expects. Through this lens, we are able to provide innovative, comprehensive and personalized solutions, which include local knowledge and outstanding hospitality services for our guests staying in our comfortable and professionally designed apartments.
We are seeking a Guest Services Maintenance Technician to join our growing team.
The Viagem Guest Services Maintenance Technician role goes well beyond the traditional hospitality role. Your enthusiastic and friendly personality will shine through when providing exceptional guest services, along with your passion for hospitality. You live and breathe the Viagem “put the guest first” and “service obsession” attitude when addressing guest inquiries with a never-ending smile in a positive and timely fashion. Your quick thinking and “out of the box” creative solution skills will come in handy when addressing our guests fast changing, and sometimes humorous requests.
- Full ownership of guest stay experience from check-in to check-out.
- Be available during daytime hours to address guest requests through multiplechannels (phone, chat, email, in person)
- Provide guests with extra toiletries, towels, and other “home away from home”essentials!
- Spot-check and perform last-minute tidying up and pampering before each newguest arrival
- Troubleshoot technical and low-maintenance issues, able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Conduct routine quality assurance walk-throughs and checklist processes toensure each property meets Viagem’s high standards
- Escalate urgent issues to our Operations Team
- Communicate with vendors
- Perform routine maintenance tasks and inspections to ensure that every rentalunit is well-maintained and in good working order.
- Complete general repair work, as needed, including, but not limited to, spackling,painting, and light plumbing work.
- Work with Logistics Coordinators in preparing new rental units by performing general maintenance worker tasks which include, but are not limited to, hanging picture frames and assembling furniture such as chairs, tables, and beds.
- Respond to and address urgent guest maintenance requests.
- Troubleshoot issues with appliances, WiFi, cable, and HVAC, as needed.
- Remove trash and other items from units, as needed.
- Utilize multiple technological platforms to communicate with Viagem teammembers and 3rd party vendors and to ensure that all assigned maintenancetasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Weekend availability required
- Clean and valid drivers’ license is a requirement.
- Personal reliable vehicle is required to travel to various properties (travel mileage reimbursement provided).
- Local travel required: 75% during shift.
- 2+ years of maintenance experience dealing with troubleshooting and fixing common plumbing and other maintenance worker tasks. Experience with ACs is a plus.
- Passionate about perfection.
- Independent decision maker who things on their feet and is a creative and efficient problem solver.
- Versatile attitude and able to change gears last minute.
- Exceptionally organized and able to create and work with task list and QA processes.
- Dedicated to going above and beyond to ensure our guest have a memorable experience.
- Multilingual and / or bilingual skills a plus
- Tech savvy and able to work with multiple platforms and communication devices.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including daytime hours, weekends, some evenenings, and holidays.
This is a full-time position with competitive wages.
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Strong sense of urgency, able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent multitasking and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Viagem is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
- 2 years