Last Revised: November, 2020
Please read the Viagem Apartment Terms and Conditions carefully as they contain important information about your legal obligations. We are committed to helping you have a great stay and experience with us.
Rules and Policy
- You are solely responsible for leaving the Apartment in the condition that it was provided to you upon your arrival. You acknowledge and confirm that you are solely responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals permitted by you to have access to the Apartment (or anyone on their behalf) (collectively the “Permitted Guests”).
- If Viagem believes, at its sole discretion, that you or any Permitted Guests caused any damage whatsoever to the Apartment during your stay in the Apartment, including but not limited to broken furniture or fixtures, damages to the walls or damages related to smoking inside the Apartment, Viagem may charge you payments related to such damage including all payments required to repair the damages.
- We reserve the right at all times during your occupancy period to permit other individuals to enter the Apartment, at any time in the following circumstances or for the following purposes: (i) in response to your written or verbal request, upon your consent, or as necessary to provide the Service to you; (ii) to investigate, address, or prevent any actual or reasonably suspected or foreseeable past, current, or impending unlawful activity; (iii) to prevent or mitigate bodily harm to you or others that we reasonably expect has occurred or may occur; (iv) upon your breach of any provision of this Agreement,[ provided that we give you prior notice (e.g., by email, phone, text message, or knocking on the door)]; (v) for any purpose (including for repair and maintenance), provided that we give you reasonable notice (e.g., by email, phone, text message, or knocking on the door); (vi) to cooperate with requests from law enforcement officials to enter the Apartment; (vii) where we believe reasonably necessary to protect the personal safety, rights, or property of us, you, any third party, or to prevent fraud or other unlawful activity; and/or (viii) at any time in the event of an emergency. You hereby agree to direct any repair, maintenance and other operational questions, requests, or complaints to Viagem and shall not direct any such communications to the landlord or to any other non Viagem staff in the property.
- You and your Permitted Guest(s) may use only the Apartment amenities (e.g., fitness room and gym equipment) that are described in your Confirmation Notice. You agree to comply and ensure all of your guests’ compliance with all of our and the applicable landlord’s rules with respect to your and your guests’ use of such amenities. You understand and agree that use of such amenities may be suspended if you or any of your guests violate any such rules. You shall be responsible for any damage to such amenities that you or any of your guests cause. ANY USE OF SUCH AMENITIES IS AT YOUR AND YOUR PERMITTED GUESTS’ OWN RISK AND YOU AND YOUR GUESTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE VIAGEM IN CONNECTION WITH ANY USE OF SUCH AMENITIES.
Check-In, Check-Out and Late Fee
- You Reservation continues from 15:00 (3pm) local time on your check-in date until 11:00 (11am) local time on your check-out date.
- You will be obliged to pay a late check out fee after 12pm. The fee is the apartment’s base rate price for that day and does not entitle guest to stay that night.
- Early check-ins and late check-outs must be authorized in writing by
- If you wish to cancel a Reservation you will be able to do so by providing us with a cancelation notice via e-mail.
- You will be entitled for a full refund of the Base Fees if your cancelation request is made within forty-eight (48) hours after our Confirmation Notice.
- If you cancel within five days of our check in date, the first night is not refundable, but 50% of the nightly rate for the remaining nights will be refunded.
- If you arrive and decide to leave early, 50% of the nightly rate for the nights not spent 24 hours after the cancellation occurs are refunded.
- If you repeatedly cancel reservations that were confirmed by us, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Services at our sole discretion.
- High speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement.
- No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
- Unfortunately, we cannot allow pets in our Apartments, other than service animals, unless expertly agreed otherwise in writing by Viagem.
- Smoking or vaping is prohibited in our Apartments (including in balconies and common areas) and within the buildings our apartments are located unless otherwise agreed in writing by Viagem. Breaching the non-smoking policy will result in immediate removal from the property and there may be a fine of up to $500 USD imposed for the additional cleaning and treatment of the property.
Parties and Gatherings
- You agree to comply with the property’s rules, including quiet hours, and to all local noise regulations.
- You may not hold events (such as parties, celebrations or meetings) at the property without the advance written consent of Viagem. Any of these cases will allow Viagem to terminate the Agreement without providing a refund of any payment the Guest has paid for the booking and Viagem will not be legally responsible to find any alternative accommodation.
House Rules and Regulations
- You must comply with the occupancy limits detailed for the applicable Apartment and Confirmation Notice.
- You agree to abide by all rules and regulations set forth by local laws.
- You agree to refrain from any activities that would disrupt the peace of neighbors including in connection with excessive noise, smells, lights etc.
- You agree not to engage in activities that may disturb or threaten the rights, comfort, health, safety, or convenience of others including, but not limited to, by verbal or physical harassment; manufacturing, delivering, possessing with intent to deliver, or otherwise possessing a controlled substance or drug paraphernalia; engaging in or threatening violence; possessing a weapon prohibited by state law; discharging a firearm in the apartment community; displaying or possessing a gun, knife, or other weapon in the common area in a way that may alarm others; storing anything in utility closets that house any gas appliances; tampering with utilities or telecommunications; bringing hazardous materials into the apartment community; or taking any action that would injure or derogate from our reputation in any way, including making any untrue allegations against Viagem to others, whether online or otherwise.
- Viagem can refuse to allow the Guest into the property or ask the Guest to leave if they reasonably believe the Guest or any member of the Guest’s party (or any other person invited by the Guest to the property) are behaving illegally or that any damage is likely to be caused, has been caused or is being caused as a result of the Guest behavior or any members the Guest has invited to the property and without providing a refund of any payment the Guest has paid for the booking and Viagem will not be legally responsible to find any alternative accommodation.
- A breach of the aforementioned rules in this Section, may result in eviction with no liability on Viagem.
Belongings and Lost items
- Viagem is not responsible for keeping your belongings or any items of any party left behind.
- Viagem will not be liable for the loss or theft of valuables. Unclaimed articles whether valuable or not shall be held for 14 days. Articles unclaimed after this period shall be discarded. Perishables are discarded immediately. You will need to arrange for a courier or pick up yourself any article left in the property. You will also need to agree on a suitable pick-up time with Viagem.
- If there is a damage to the Apartment, you agree to report it to us immediately.
Keys and Access
- Most properties, we provide the building door code and keycode for apartments. If not, we provide a key or key fob to the building and apartment. Please note we only provide 1 keyset by default.
- Duplicating keys or fobs is strictly prohibited, and any entry codes cannot be shared under any circumstances. If keys are duplicated, we reserve the right to charge you for a lock replacement
- If you lose keys or fob tags, or do not return it after check out to the communicated location, you are liable for our costs of key and fob replacements of $100.
- If you lock yourself out, please contact us immediately and we will assist you. If we do not have any personnel on site and have to send out assistance, and additional charge of $50 will be incurred.
Thank you for reading the Terms and Conditions and please enjoy your stay.